The CSI Conference is always a whirlwind. A fun whirlwind though....seeing old friends and colleagues, making new ones, educational sessions to go to, topics to follow up on, networking, networking, networking, ....man I need a happy hour....more networking, dinners, lunches, breakfasts...and somewhere in there some sleep.
So it takes a few days to decompress, organize all the new information, follow up with all the new contacts one has made....and then sit back and think about all of it.
So as I made my way home on the plane back to Cincinnati, I thought back at the three awesome days that is the CSI National conference...thought about what I learned, what I heard, what we need to work on as an industry....
Here are some of the things that popped into my head....
- No matter your depth of experience, one can always learn something from their peers. We are all students, we are all educators.
- CSI is THE place for AECO professionals, where else can you find in one place - folks who make the product, provide the product, design and specify the product, and build the product? Nowhere except here!
- It is refreshing, and inspiring to see and speak with so many young professionals who are attending CSI events.
- Nothing is more nerve wracking than presenting to your peers...on the flip side there is nothing more satisying than being congratulated and told job well done at the end!
- A wise man once said - "Everthing you want is right outside of your comfort zone".
- A wise woman once said - "Your brand is what people say about you when you aren't in the room".
- I missed my CSI colleagues who weren't able to make it this year....fingers crossed ya'll get to Houston next year!
- Leadership is not a specator sport. Encourage. Inspire. Be authentic.
- The digital future of this industry is something to be in awe of....but scary at the same time.
- Greek proverb - "A society grows great when old men plant trees in whose shade they know they shall never sit”. It is up to us to help build the industry work force of the future.
Now that we are all back and settled down - what random thoughts did you come away with?